Here's another craft I did for the local paper, making your own stickers for glass identification. No more lost and lonely drinks!
You can find the instructions here in the Trib Local section. This can be so fun! It's a real ice breaker too! Have the guests find their matches. While I made some suggestions (like using movie star names) ... there are a few others...
* Start and stop a joke like "Why did the Chicken cross the road?..."
* How about quotes such as "Rejoice not because Roses have thorns... but because thorns have roses."
* Match the quote to the author (this could be a good one).
* What about digging out your box or Trivial Pursuit and doing some questions and answers?
* Hit the dictionary and match weird words with definitions.
* Songs and singers
* Famous children and famous parents
* Or maybe you want to play match maker and do a sneaky set-up at a party and quietly maneuver who gets what glass? ;)
And what I love most about this craft is it's not just for New Year's. How about baby showers, wedding showers, family reunions, the Fourth of July?
Who can't resist finding their other half?
Happy New Year!