From last summer’s memory….Why I need to paint my bedroom door frame. Did I ever tell you about the time….?

How could a door frame possibly become this beat up? How could any one who paints let this get so nicked and dinged up? Well… this is no ordinary wear and tear. This is the kind of wear and tear a door gets when you’ve had  a few drinks  at  a party and after getting home and having the babysitter leave, you realized you locked your bedroom door and can’t get in because the key is on the inside. While it would make more sense to just crash on the couch until the morning,that wouldn’t be incredibly stupid…or funny.

So, as quietly as possible, you both try to pry the door open by removing part of the door frame and use  a screw driver to mess with the lock mechanism (without waking the sleeping children) all while arguing in a whisper about how to do it. After finally realizing that it’s not going to come off or open without removing the entire thing, (and that jamming a screwdriver into the key hole doesn’t really work,) you decide it’s a much better idea to have  hubby hoist you up, while he stands on a chair ,half in the bag, by the bum into an open window by the light of the silvery moon.
Then, after scaling the side of your house McGyver style, hoping that the neighbors aren’t watching the 1 am “show” and/or calling the police; you quietly tip-toe to the door to open it and realize that the door now doesn’t open from the inside either (Probably because you must have broken it one of the five times you shoved the screwdriver in there.). So now, you are locked in and he is locked out. Ultimately, the entire door molding has to come off and the fairly new door knob is now very broken..
That is why I have to paint my bedroom door.
The End.

Comments

Pure comedy! I’ll have to share with you my door frame story.
    My twins were 2 and locking themselves in their room by accident. We turned the knob so the lock was on the outside of the room. I was 5 weeks pregnant and hubby was gone deer hunting. One of the girls pushed the button in the hall and pulled the door closed….locking all 3 of in the bedroom. I did have the phone with me but it didn’t help. The front door was lock with a special “kid safe” lock on the inside. No one could get in to free me! I thought about jumping out the window but it was too high. I thought about calling the fire department but I had just gotten out of bed and only had on undies and a t-shirt. So I did what any good mother would do between waves of nausea, I kicked the door in…Kung Fu style!

That story is awesome. It’s as good as when we had to lift our 5 year old through the open bathroom window {kicking and screaming} so she could go unlock our door from the inside before my husband ripped the knob off which was his next solution. That is so funny… love the part about the drinks and the silvery moon!

You need to patent that story because it is a sitcome episode waiting to be filmed!!!

I wish you had that all on video, it had to be soooo funny!!!

Don’t paint it…leave it the way it is…for the memories!!!

I’m going to have to Stumble this now ;)

Okay, that story is better than having to replace the doors ’cause my son(s) kicked a hole in it (them).

Hope the party was fun. Sounds like it was. Guess taking the pins out of the hinges never occurred to ya.

I’m catching up on some blog reading this morning (instead of getting ready for an Easter dinner crowd as I should be doing). This post is hysterical! I laughed all of the way through it. It would make a great sitcom episode. laurie