Dining room and Living room interior redesign…

Unfortunately, this is not MY gorgeous house, but my good friend, Anne’s. She was kind enough to let me come over and “play” a bit with her furnishings. Interior redesign can make all of the difference in the way you use your home and if you are going to sell, by staging your space, if your home sells or not.
The thing to consider when you look at your furniture placement is :Does it  have flow? Does it make sense? And most importantly does it have balance?
And it doesn’t cost  a lot of money either, In many of the interior redesigns I do, I use what people already have.
My friend has this wonderful dining set that is a family heirloom. We “shopped” her house a bit and found some great things to use. She has a wonderful eye for Arts and Crafts, and we found some other  lovely treasures she had hidden away like pictures and a flea market mirror.
Dining room
Before
Dining room before. Staging this space so it was balance makes all of the difference.
After
The lamps pn the buffet add balance

Make the space look inviting and put together by redesigning and using what you have.

Living room.
Before
Living room before. Make the space look more open by mmoving the furniture placement.
After
Furniture placement makes the livingroom look more open and inviting.

Buyers can have a really hard time visualizing a space  if a room is too cluttered, or if things seem jumbled. Sometimes a good interior re-designer or home stager can make all of the difference. It helps buyers actually see themselves in the space. Buyer should be concerned about whether or not the roof is good or if the furnace works, but many times the flow stops them in their tracks. It’s something to consider if feedback you get is that the rooms feel small and they aren’t.

Comments

Yes. Mother of the year indeed. Funny. Your beer had to be warm. Great job. I especially love the living room. That made a huge difference. I am sure she is loving it.

Amazing what half a can of beer can accomplish! Seriously, it looks wonderful. I love how the dining room now looks.
    Debbie
    P.S. I’d vote for any one with a can of beer and a bottle of wine for mother of the year…as long as they were willing to share!

Jen, I need someone like you to come to my house next. I’ll give you beer….wine if you’d like. That living room looks much nicer the way you arranged it. I have mucho problems with my upstairs LR. I’ll spare you a verbose post all about that room. lol

Great job ;)
    Shanna

Maybe next time I want to move my furniture around and redecorate, I should grab a beer (only if it turns out as good as her house did!).
    I really love how much light you let in the living room – and that fact that you can actually see the stairs.
    Wonderful job – well deserved bottle of wine :)

It’s amazing what rearranging can do to a room!!! its sooo much fun! Yesterday I was telling my hubby about my grand plans of revamping the rooms of our house, all he said,” well you like to change things up and I don’t see the need but I like old cars and you don’t see the need, have fun with that.” hee hee
    sistersfriday.Typepad.com

Very cool! My sister was talking about this the other day, and she said there was a blog post about her living room. It looks really nice.