Happy Fall Everyone!
Once again, I am thrilled to be here sharing another project with you from my blog-City Farmhouse.
I hope you ALL had a wonderful summer:).
It is bittersweet to see summer go but I always love the change of seasons here in NY.
Living coastally is a blessing,
we get to enjoy life at the beach, even through the fall.
Being that we(my little family) spend many days at the beach it gives us plenty of opportunity to collect many lovely things found in nature.
This past summer my boys & I began collecting driftwood, shells(a staple:)) & feathers.
It is really such a sweet & beautiful experience to share these small moments with your children, isn’t it?
What did you collect this summer?
What did you do with the “things” you collected?
I decided after seeing art in THIS amazing shop to create my own DIY Feather Art with our own collection.
This project is so simple & easy.
And it is the perfect addition to your FALL décor with all of the natural textures and neutral tones:).
1. I started with my feathers.
2. Rummaged through my frame collection and found a few different sizes.
3. I took some drop cloth fabric and sprayed tacky spray to the front of the backs of the frames.
4. I trimmed the excess, then sprayed the backs of each feather and adhered it to my fabric.
5. I added a matte to each frame, inserted the glass and ta-da.